Children: sit Less, play more
The world health organization has released new guidelines on physical activity and healthy sleep for children under the age of five. The expert panel said that children should play more active and less time in front of screens, sitting spend. If you sleep sufficiently, is a good Basis for a healthy life.
For the development of children’s interactive activities with a reference person, such as reading, story-telling, Singing, and puzzles are very important. "We need the children to active Play bringen", Dr. Juana Willumsen, WHO is expert in obesity and physical activity in children, says. "It is a matter of changing from the Sitting to Play, and to ensure adequate sleep."
Für babies under one year of age is recommended by the WHO:
- Several times a day, different types of physical activity, in particular through interactive Play on the floor. Children who are not yet mobile should spend the day at least 30 minutes distributed in the prone position, while you are awake. In the chair car, high, or in carrying frames, you should be no more than one hour per day.
- In this age of no screen, it is recommended time.
- A total of 14–17 (0 to 3 months) or 12 to 16 hours (4 to 11 months) sleep.
Small children 1 to 2 years:
- A minimum of 180 minutes daily with physical activities of varying intensity and spend less than an hour in the children’s cart or high chair etc. sit.
- One year should spend no time in front of the screen, from two years ago, less than an hour a day.
- Children at this age should sleep 11 to 14 hours, with regular sleeping and Wake-up times.
Füchildren between 3 and 4 years, apply the following recommendations:
- A variety of physical activities for 180 or more minutes daily, of which at least 60 minutes with moderate-to-vigorous physical activity.
- Less than an hour per day in the stroller and not longer periods of time in a Sitting position.
- Less than an hour of screen time.
- 10 to 13 hours of sleep during regular sleeping times.