Does living in a loud city hurt your hearing?
How to preserve your hearing
- Wear hearing protection: One way to protect your ears from noise-induced hearing loss is by wearing earplugs or earmuffs, which reduce the intensity of sound.
- Use noise-canceling headphones: Noise-canceling headphones can help reduce the amount of noise that enters your ears. These can be especially useful for people who commute on public transportation or work in noisy environments.
- Take quiet breaks: Avoid noisy areas or take breaks in quiet spaces to give your ears a rest. If you need to be in a loud environment, limit your time there.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to the noise levels around you and take steps to protect your hearing. If you notice the volume on your headphones is too high, turn it down. If you’re at a concert or in a loud bar, stand away from the speakers.
- Get your hearing checked: Regular hearing checkups can detect any hearing loss early, so you can prevent further damage.
Source: Read Full Article