Health Tip: Travel Suggestions For Your Eyes
— Don’t forget to think of your eyes while you’re traveling, the American Academy of Ophthalmology says.
Here are the academy’s suggestions while you’re on the road, either for business or pleasure:
- Bring an extra pair of glasses and contact lenses.
- If you have an emergency, do not put off seeing an eye specialist until you get home. Untreated issues such as infection can cause long-term damage.
- Prepare for dry eyes on a plane with over-the-counter eye drops.
- Never use water to clean contact lenses.
- If you use prescription eye drops, travel with an extra, unopened bottle.
- If you notice significant changes in your vision, see a doctor. Changes in vision can signal issues such as a retinal detachment, a hypertensive crisis, a stroke or out-of-control diabetes.
Posted: February 2019
Source: Read Full Article